Monday, December 16, 2013

"PAPELBON FOR YOUNG TALENT" IS THE LATEST YANKEE RUMOR...


Now I know what you're thinking. Crack is whack. You're right, it is. But I ain't smoking it, I'm reading it, and when I say reading it, I mean there's a weird, nasty rumor going around, probably started by Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe and his "sources."

Now, you can't fault Cafardo, it's hot stove season and he's one of the best at getting info.  Look, the bottom line here is, Carfardo wrote this, and people in Yankeeland just vomited in their mouths alittle:


"Papelbon is being shopped pretty hard and the team many scouts believe could use him most is the Yankees. 'He fits pretty well there. There’s two years left on the deal. Not sure the Yankees are completely sold on Dave Robertson being their closer. He’s best suited as a setup man, but Papelbon would get hyped up in New York, replacing Mariano [Rivera]. I think it would be a positive thing and a good fit and I would think it’s been explored already.'”


In other words, there have been "discussions" between the Phillies and the Yankees about the idea of bringing Jonathan Papelbon to the Bronx. For whom you ask? Well, talk is it's for young talent, according to "sources."  Now, I don't know what young talent, who, why and what the Yankees or Phillies are truly thinking, but Yankeeland is disturbed, I know it. 

Now, don't shoot the messenger here. This rumor is newsworthy and definitely interesting and that's why I'm posting it. Whether or not it's true, or whether or not it will happen is a totally different story.

We'll keep an eye on it for you and bring it to you if it has legs. No doubt about it.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017