Sunday, December 15, 2013

KINDNESS MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND


Yesterday we had a big opportunity! We spoke to Joba Chamberlain here at Bleeding Yankee Blue exclusively, and her thanked the fans through us.  Plus, we'll have more from Joba soon.  It's pretty exciting.

Anyway, I spoke to Pete Caldera of the Bergen Record yesterday and gave him the scoop. After all, we were the only ones who had it, and if I wanted to be a website whore, I would have sent it to everyone. I didn't. I sent it to Pete Caldera, my friend and one of the best, most underrated writers out there. Pete in turn posted it on his blog, giving us credit. Caldera's blog is HERE. Kindness makes the world go 'round.

I like Pete, he's my guy.  He's always brought his readers great stuff over the years and truth be told, he could have just swatted me away yesterday, but he didn't.  He enjoyed our scoop.  I tip my cap to that guy for the kind words.


I also have to thank Joba Chamberlain for his message to the fans. He said this:

 "I appreciate it. I learned so much from it all. I'm so grateful and thankful for the tremendous 7 years. Ups and downs included. It made me a better man, father, friend, and baseball player... I wouldn't be anything without the fans that supported me. I know it was hard at times but I hope they know I gave it everything I had every time I went out there."

It's funny...over the past few weeks, we've seen guys like Jacoby Ellsbury take out a full page ad in the Boston newspapers thanking the Sox fans for a lot of great memories while he was there, and I found that to be classy.

We also had Joba come out yesterday saying the fans needed to that the fans were a huge part of his success in the Bronx... again... classy.


Many wondered about Robinson Cano though.  Now, this post isn't to rip the guy.  I mean, I do know that there was a Facebook note to the Yankee fans from Cano, but nothing truly public.  Not a message, not an Ad... it was what seemed to be a casual note...


I don't know. When I read it, it didn't seem important, it didn't seem sincere.  It seemed like he wrote it at the Mariners presser just before he went to go have lunch with Jay-Z.  I'm not saying Cano's a bad guy here, he did what he was supposed to do, he thanked the fans... but no one saw it, you know what I mean? It's disappointing.

But back to kindness. Back to friendship... back to the fans.  It's the holiday season.  Take a moment, look around, smile and know you probably have great people surrounding you.  Thank them, tip your cap, give them a shout out.

Kindness makes the world go 'round... thanks to the credit, Pete.  Thanks to Joba Chamberlain, and good luck in Detroit.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017