Sunday, December 8, 2013

HUSTLE DOES MATTER: A FAN'S TAKE


I like to do this on occasion. This is a fan comment that I found to be interesting and honest. It followed our post titled THE YANKEES NEED TO GET SPITEFUL NOW. I wanted to share it because the Robinson Cano saga is still hot and clearly fans have many opinions on him leaving the Bronx for Seattle. It's a real take and an opinion on why Cano left. The writer is known as RHR. I respect his privacy. Thanks man.  -C

"I just found your blog as I am a fellow Connecticut Yankee fan. I am thrilled that the Yanks let him go since his lack of hustle infuriated me for years. I run a travel program for young players under 13 and I stress playing the game the right way.

Only true baseball fans understand how Cano's lack of hustle can manifest itself into missed opportunities to win games. Robinson Cano on second base, leading off an inning, changes the whole dynamic for the opposing team. The pitcher has a different strategy and the defense plays in different positions. I always maintained that Cano could have won a few more games for the Yankees if he busted out of the box. 


Someone like Paul O'Neill comes to mind.  Playing harder may have gotten the Yankees into the playoffs.

Cano is very talented and I admire his swing. But leaders play the game the right way ALL the time, like Derek Jeter.  Sadly Robbie would never be that in New York.  Enjoy the West Coast."


Now while this is an opinion of why Cano darted, and I too am convinced hustle was a factor, we also know that there was a reported disagreement between Joe Girardi and he, read HERE.  Whatever the case, I liked this perspective and wanted to bring it to you.

Enjoy your Sunday... as I said the other day about the Cano ordeal:
And it goes on, doesn't it?

 The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017