Monday, December 2, 2013

COULD THE ROYALS BEAT THE YANKEES FOR BELTRAN?

I never would have saw this one coming.


Earlier last week I was convinced the Yankees and Carlos Beltran were about to make things happen.  It was clear to me that the dialog was enough to eventually settle on a deal...and with that deal, Beltran would be in pinstripes.  After all, Beltran wanted 3 years and the Yankees wanted 2 and ultimately, when things are that close, you can usually just give in one way or the other, especially if the money is good enough.

Now, almost 1 week later, I am here to say that it may end up being the Royals, NOT the Yankees that will sign Beltran.  A surprise? I'd say so.  Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star writes: "Whenever and wherever the hard bargaining starts for free-agent outfielder Carlos Beltran, the Royals want a seat at the table. How long they stay there depends on how rich the bidding becomes... Club officials say they hope to meet in the near future with Beltran, who previously indicated a willingness to return to the Royals."

Hmm. That's funny. Carlos indicted he wanted to return? He also indicated he'd want to be in the Bronx. Remember when Andrew Marchand wrote in his piece HERE, that "He has wanted to play in the Bronx..." I guess it's what you do when you want to play "somewhere".


Look, if it comes down to Beltran wanting 3 and I'm the Yanks, I go for it. They can always figure it out after the first few years if things don't work out.  I don't consider Beltran a liability. Sure, he's 36 but he's got more pop than a Vernon Wells.  In other words, I would choose Beltran over Wells.


If the Royals win out, good for them.  They are clearly looking to build these days and I applaud them.  I just wonder if all this "talk" about the Yankees being the "front runners" to land Beltran is true, or just B.S.

Stay tuned...

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/30/4660137/carlos-beltran-appears-to-top.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/30/4660137/carlos-beltran-appears-to-top.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017