Friday, December 20, 2013

#36 CARLOS BELTRAN IS OFFICIAL!


Just a quick note to everyone in Yankeeland.  Carlos Beltran had his press conference today and I wanted to collect a few quotes for you.  I was able to see just alittle of it.  He looks good to in pinstripes... plus, he's excited to be a Yankee. I love that.

I can tell you this, and it was something I appreciated very much.  Joe Girardi stressed the importance of family today.  I was thrilled about that. I tweeted it when I saw him say it.
And that's really what it's all about. The Yankees are family. We at BYB... we're family.  I liked the way the Yanks handled that press conference today. 


But anyway... here are some quotes from our new Yankee, Carlos Beltran:

"Having the opportunity to come back again as a Yankee means a lot to me... I grew up being a Yankee fan. I grew up being a Bernie Williams fan. At one point [in 2005], I almost got a chance to sign with the Yankees, but it didn't work out."


Anytime you drop Bernie's name, Yankee fans rejoice.  He had me at "Bernie."  Carlos also spoke in regards to going back and playing the Mets:

"It’s gonna be fun, no doubt about it... I have good memories in Queens and all I have to say about the Mets is just a lot of good things. I was fortunate to play in a good organization, being able to be around good people. And you know, it’s gonna be different, no doubt about it. At the end of the day, we’re gonna go out, we’re gonna play, we’re gonna try to win...That’s our job as ballplayers. The reaction is gonna be different. Some are gonna cheer, some are gonna boo, but at the end of the day I’m there to play baseball.”


Look, I'm not going to sit here and gush over Carlos Beltran.  I will tell you that like him on the team, although I'm not too thrilled about a 3 year deal, but if he delivers, if he's healthy and if he uses that positive energy about being excited to finally wear pinstripes, it's gonna be pretty cool, no doubt about it.

Just wanted to fill you guys in today. 

Now go get your Christmas shopping done!!!

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017