Sunday, October 6, 2013

DAVID PRICE BASHES "NON-PLAYER" ANALYSTS... AND I LOVE IT!


I've been saying this for years... there is nothing worse than a baseball analyst blasting a player's performance and they never played the game themselves.  What gives them the right to criticize anyone, you know what I mean?  David Price of the Rays got fed up, and he went after Tom Verducci pretty hard on Twitter... and I love it.

You see, David Price had a rough outing last night.  He gave up 7 runs in 7 innings. No one knows that he had a rough night more than him!  Obviously, the vultures circled Price and stated the obvious... he didn't do well.  As a former player, but never on the major league level... there is nothing more annoying, which is why I know there are a ton of players that don't read about themselves.  Well, Price did and went on the attack... and I applaud him:

Now look, People may think I'm just jumping on the bandwagon and bashing only Verducci.  Price bashed Dirk Hayhurst too.   I just figured it was a given that Hayhurst was a hack... but Price went for the throat. That's why guys like Pete Caldera are geniuses in their craft.  They don't criticize, they report and not only that, they report nuggets.  Pete and guys like Pete do their job well. 

I never liked the TBS analysis anyway.  The set itself is horrible this season as well as the analysis and their choice in personnel.  It's a sausage party surrounding a small table and that huge lard Keith Olbermann is sitting there like he's taking a shit.  Are you going to sit there and tell me that this is the best TBS can do? They're a TV network... get it together.


I am a fan of Craig Sager because anyone who wears outfits like him has to have bigger balls than me, but back to Price... he's correct.  Critics shouldn't criticize unless they've done the heavy lifting.  Do you think Jon Heyman picked up a baseball bat in his life? I mean sure, he does in his CBSSports.com press photo... but that's for show.


David Price got it right and while he was frustrated from his performance last night, he shouldn't apologize.  I'd be curious how the critics feel about being criticized for what they do... or lack there of... not too good I bet.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017