Wednesday, September 4, 2013

YOU WANT INSPIRATION? REMEMBER JIM ABBOTT TODAY


20 years ago today, Jim Abbott pitched a no-hitter against the Cleveland Indians.

This story is right in my wheel-house.  I speak about inspiration, character, pushing yourself  to the next level a lot here on Bleeding Yankee Blue.  In my busy life, I forgot about a guy like Jim Abbott today and I apologize.  Luckily for me, I got it in just in time. September 4, 1993 it happened.  Wow time flies!

Don Mattingly was quoted talking about that day and that moment saying, “I had these huge goose bumps on my forearms, and the hair on the back of my neck was standing up... Maybe that would have happened with someone else. Maybe I’d have the same feelings. But I think because it was Jim there was a little something extra.” (Read HERE)



Jim was born with no right hand.  I was fascinated with him and loved to watch him pitch and flip his glove to his throwing hand after he delivered the pitch!  When he came to the Yankees, it was exciting.  Pitching the no-hitter was tremendous.

Today, Jim thanked everyone who remembered...
God Bless you pal. We'll never forget that day. I know I won't.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017