Saturday, September 14, 2013

FAITH FADING, BUT WE AIN'T DEAD YET


Any other season CC Sabathia would man handle the Boston Red Sox, we'd nail down a win and we'd leave the ball park smiling.  Not today.  Today in Fenway the Boston Red Sox have done what they do all season... beat teams well.  CC is just not the guy we have known since coming to the Bronx. 2013 is quite different.  I've said this plenty of times and I'll say it again; it doesn't make CC damaged goods or a horrible pitcher.  You really just have to chalk it up as a bad season. I know... you don't want to hear that.  Well, tough, that's what it is. 


I don't believe there is anything wrong with the guy.  I don't believe he's pitching worse because he's thin.  I chalk it up as a mechanical thing, maybe fatigue... who knows.  We'll find out sooner or later, but good pitchers do have bad seasons... that's just life. This is his. CC went 6 innings, gave up 9 hits and 5 runs. 


Jon Lester on the other hand pitched great.  8 innings pitched with 3 hits allowed and a glistening forearm to boot. I'm joking about the last part. I mean come on, we need to try and smile a bit... the Yankees are playing terribly the last 2 games.


The Yankees runs, or lack there of, went like this... Robinson Cano grounded out in the 4th and Curtis Granderson scored.  Yup... that's it.  Sad but true.

So what happens now? Well, the Yankees are stuck and the idea of a Wild Card, while still a "thing" is drifting.  No, the Yankees are NOT dead.  But if you are a true Yankee fan, while you believe, you have to think realistically... this is way too close for comfort, isn't it?

Final: Red Sox 5 - Yankees 1

I want you to do something for me tonight.  Say a prayer. Light a candle, put all your Yankee baseball cards around it.  Make a shrine, kiss your Jeter poster... do whatever you need to do. We need a win tomorrow...we really do.

Oh yeah... one more thing...



The beards are fawking stupid now. I'm not even sure I get it. They tug on each other's beards like they're tugging a horn, or a penis, or what... I just don't know what's happening there. But it's way too much for me.  What happened to bashing forearms? What's next... purple nurples?
 
The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017