Saturday, August 17, 2013

WE SEE WHAT YOU DID ESPN & IT'S DESPICABLE

You know what really ticks me off as a Sports writer? When professional sports journalist writes, or say something, that is completely outlandish, and unnecessary. I call it the "Just for Traffic to the Website News." Because really, that's exactly what it is.

ESPN, I'm looking at you.

They just published an article called "First Pitch: Will Lackey hit A-Rod?" by Andrew Marchand. You can read it HERE, but I encourage you to not. The article isn't much better than that ridiculous title. It's basically about John Lackey being ticked off that ARod is still playing. They cited the Boston Globe article from late last night (HERE). But more importantly... who cares about Lackey not wanting ARod to play? We don't want Lackey playing... anyway, here's what was printed:


"I've got a problem with it. You bet I do," Lackey Said on Thursday. "How is he still playing? He obviously did something and he's playing. I'm not sure that's right... It's pretty evident he's been doing stuff for a lot of years I've been facing him."

Classic Lackey. He all know he opinionated, brash, and 'in your face.' But that isn't the issue here. The problem is that ESPN, which is a reputable sports source, is posting a poll over whether Lackey will bean ARod, or not. Really, ESPN? Is this what you have been reduced to, in order to gain traffic to your website?


Look, I don't care how you feel about either Lackey, or ARod. The only purpose of that article is to stir the pot enough, that it will cause massive traffic to the website. The old bait, and hook. "Let's play on the emotions of fans from the greatest sports rivalry in history, and watch them dance." Puppeteering at it's absolute best. I see what you did there, ESPN. I don't like it, I don't respect it, but I see what you did.

 
--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer

Twitter: @e_morales1804


 


The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017