Sunday, August 25, 2013

THE YANKEES WON WHILE I WAS ON THE BEACH


When I'm at the Jersey Shore, it's impossible to watch a Yankee game... I'm having too much fun hanging out.  Today was perfect outside in New Jersey.  You couldn't be indoors. Luckily, the game was on the TV in some of the bars by the water.  Being with family was great, but there is no doubt I'd pop up to watch a half inning when I could. That's the perfect combination of my Sunday.  Life was good today.  The beach was amazing today.  The beach had a breeze, the sun was gorgeous and the Yankees won. That's all that mattered. It was a must win today and the moments I saw today, I was tweeting to you guys. It was exciting. I'll tell you what... Evan Longoria is a Yankee killer. I guess I just wrote something that isn't breaking information.  Longoria's a great hitter, a quick swinger and every time I went to check the score I felt like he was doing damage.


Ivan Nova pitched well today. He is quickly in my good graces. Today Nova went 6.2 innings and gave up 6 hits and only 2 runs.  Nice job for Super Nova.

On the other end, Alex Cobb went 5.2 innings allowing 7 hits and 2 runs.  He's a damn good pitcher. We were able to score a few and I love that.  The combo of that and Nova holding down the Rays... I had a feeling.

Here's how the Yankees scored today:In the 4th inning, Robinson Cano homered.  Then in the 6th, Cano doubled and knocked in Ichiro.


The game was tied going into the 11th inning. At that point, Curtis Granderson sacrificed Alfonso Soriano home after he doubled just a few batters before. 

Final: Yankees 3 - Rays 2

The Yankees needed this win today, it was big. Now, the best part is they hold their heads high, they head to Toronto and hopefully they continue to dominate in the next few games against a division rival. The Blue Jays need to go down and the push must continue.   With Derek Jeter back tomorrow, that will happen! The Captain brings momentum.

We can do this.

By the way, to the guy that emailed me 5 minutes after the game was over asking for the recap... Today was Sunday... Family day at the beach. I do the best I can. Thank you for the eagerness though, I appreciate it. Here it is!

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017