Monday, August 5, 2013

MY SON THOUGHT JETER "HURT" HIS PET CALF

It was 6:15 this morning and my 9 year old came into my room. He went to the bathroom. I know that because I could hear him going while the door was opened. That's another story about etiquette for another time. But, apparently he heard my radio and I guess he just wasn't really "listening" to the news item.  Jeter hurt his calf... I guess that translated to Derek Jeter had a pet calf and was abusing it.

"Why is Jeter hurting his calf?" he said as he walked into my room. I had sleep in my eyes, I had a mild headache and I was disoriented. "What?"

"Jeter hurt his pet calf? What did he do to it?"  He looked sad.


"No kiddo, a calf is a muscle at the back of the leg, we all have them. He strained it, so they are talking about putting him back on the Disabled List. That means he can't play for a while," I tried to explain.

"Jeter's old," He said.

Yeah... the Captain is older, no question about it, but I question the Yankees medical staff at this point.

It's been reported that Derek Jeter was diagnosed with a Grade 1 strain in his calf. According to Andy McCullough of the Star Ledger:
Now look, we need to really think about this.  Derek Jeter comes back a few times this season and both times ends up with a strain, a quad and a calf.  Whether that's bad stretching or old age or just him not really pushing himself since his ankle injury is anyone's guess. But I do know this... this shouldn't be happening.

I hope Jeter just needs to rest for a week, but yeah... it's time to question the Yankees medical staff.  Too many injuries and I believe that something is wrong here, don't you agree?

 The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017