Sunday, August 25, 2013

LOOK OUT! WE LOVE KEN SINGLETON, DON'T YOU?


One of my favorite parts of watching a baseball game is the commentary. I mean, what baseball fan doesn't love Phil Rizzuto, and his "Holy Cow" call? Let's face it, the announcers, and their banter is what keep us baseball fans entertained.

These days, one of my favorite announcers is Ken Singleton. Singleton started broadcasting in 1985, after retiring at the end of the 1984 season.  His baseball knowledge is astounding. It's always refreshing when he's in the booth.  I'm always excited when he is doing play-by-play for YES. Put simply, Ken knows baseball.

There is real chemistry between him, and his YES colleagues. I especially enjoy when the match up is he, and Michael Kay. His color commentary is probably my favorite out of the group. Guaranteed that Singleton will keep you informed, and entertained.


Singleton has had a phenomenal career, both as a ball player, and an announcer. As a sports blog writer, I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. Ken, you are an extremely knowledgeable man, and I appreciate that. You do a phenomenal job, and on this Sunday morning, I just want to say... Keep it up!

 
--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer
Twitter: @e_morales1804





The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017