Wednesday, August 21, 2013

ICHIRO IS JUST WANT THE YANKEES NEEDED


I wouldn't have cared if Ichrio Suzuki was 59 years old right now.  There has always been something ver special about Ichiro that makes me believe that baseball is played the right way every time he steps on the field.  I was obsessed with him when he came to Seattle from Japan years ago and I was crossing my fingers for years hoping he would 1 day become a New York Yankee.   Don't believe me? Read ICHIRO TO THE YANKS IS MY PIPE DREAM. That was June 22nd of last year. It was my wish, my dream and it happened a few days later.


Now Ichiro is 1 hit away from 4000 hits, combining his career in Japan with his career in the United States.  There is nothing better as a baseball player than achieving a goal like that.  Now, the doubters say "Well, it's 2 different leagues, 2 different countries, no big deal."  No, no... it's a huge deal.  If you've ever played baseball, you know how hard it is to hit a little ball with a stick right? Now you add in pitchers who throw different speeds, offer movement to the ball and throw hard.  Yeah... go hit it. You probably couldn't, not consistently at least.  Ichiro, and many like him have and continue to do it.  Baseball is a game of failure, but Ichiro succeeds at 39 years old like he is 29.


My son has been called Ichiro on the baseball field. "YOU CAN ALWAYS DEPEND ON ICHIRO TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE" I remember his coach saying that last year and it never left my mind. 


It was such a nice compliment... and he was talking about my son in the same sentence... you can't understand how much that means to me.  It still gives me chills, because what it tells me is my guy makes things happen... much like Ichiro.

Obviously when Ichiro hits 4000, we'll report it.  For now... think about what 3999 means... and thank your lucky stars you are witnessing history.  Ichiro is one of a kind.  I am absolutely thrilled that he's a New York Yankee... what a great player and what a pleasure it is to watch him.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017