Saturday, August 17, 2013

CURSES... YANKEE FANS FOILED AGAIN!


I really wanted to beat the Red Sox today.  I can't stand John Lackey. I think he just needs to get his ass beat.  Hey, whatever the case, the Yankees looked dominant yesterday, and today, well, they just didn't. 


I was expecting big things from Hiroki Kuroda, but even he needs an "off" day.  Today was it. He went 5.2 innings, allowed 11 hits and 5 runs.  He was followed by Adam Warren and Boone Logan, but by the time the Sox scored 5 runs, it was clear the Yankees were out of reach only scoring 1 the entire game.  "Curses... foiled again!"


That's my best Dick Dastardly impersonation!  Just when you thought the Yankees were out of their "offense slump", they're in it again!


The runs went like this: In the 5th inning, Ichiro grounded out but Lyle Overbay scored.  After that, nothing really.  I will say this, Lyle Overbay was 3-4 today with a double and Alfonso Soriano had 2 more hits today.  His average is at .268.  Alex Rodriguez was 0-3 with 1 strikeout.  I often wonder when this guy is actually going to contribute, or are those days over?

Final: Red Sox 6 - Yankees 1

We win tomorrow... we have to! We need to take this series.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017