Sunday, August 11, 2013

CARRYING THE YANKEES ON HIS BACK


Brett Gardner is our savior apparently!  I don't really know how Mariano Rivera blew his third Save in a row today, it just seems so strange to me, but when a team works together, walk-offs happen and today, Gardy helped our Mo.  A great ending to a decent series for the Yankees against a first place Tiger club.

I didn't want to watch.  I was tired and frustrated when I woke up this morning.  My Yankees aren't playing too well and I really felt like my wife and I hadn't been able to do much this summer with the kids. So, with the snap of my fingers, we went to the beach.   I love watching Andy Pettitte pitch, but not today! We shot down the Parkway and forgot about the Yankees for a few hours. Good thing I did, because if I didn't and was watching the game on TV, I would have been throwing my remote at it!  Luckily though, we won, thanks to Gardy.

Pettitte went 4.1 innings giving up 8 hits and 1 run.  Mariano ended up getting the win after he blew the save.  The hitting and run scoring for the Yankees went as follows:


Alex Rodrgiuez hit a homer run today! Yeah! Then, in the same inning, Eduardo Nunez sacrificed Lyle Overbay home.   In the third, it was ARod again, this time singling and knocking in a run.  In the 4th, Alfonso Soriano homered. 


Then, after Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez both homered off of Mariano to tie the game, Brett Gardner came up in the bottom of the 9th and homered to win it.  You can't make that up!

Final: Yankees 5 - Tigers 4

I'm happy again.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017