Wednesday, July 3, 2013

YANKEES ARE 2-0 IN JULY!

I know, it's the little things that make me happy.


The Yankees won 2 in a row last night thanks to Alberto Gonzalez who played short for the Yanks, had some big hits, and Robinson Cano who hit a 3 run shot.  But it was also Phil Hughes.

Last night, apparently we got the good Hughes.  That being said, I have my official thoughts on Hughes and I'll post them shortly.

Hughes went 7 innings, gave up 6 hits but only 1 run.  More importantly, he gave up no home runs.  Preston Claiborne gave up the other 2 runs for the Twins in his 1.2 innings. Mariano Rivera came in after Adam Warren to get his 27th save.


The Yankees scored like this: In the 5th inning, it was Alberto Gonzalez who doubled scoring Lyle Overbay and David Adams. Ichiro Suzuki later singled scoring Gonzalez.  Gonzalez singled again in the 7th knocking in Adams again. Then Cano hit a 3 run homer.  There are your 7.

Final: Yankees 7 - Twins 3.


In other news, Alex Rodriguez played for Charleston last night.  He only played 3 innings, which was the plan.  He was 0-2 and hit into a double play.  As the New York papers are saying this morninng... "He's in post season form." Funny... and a low blow. Just let the guy get back into games for crying out loud. I understand no one likes the guy, but we could use the help, I think he still has something...maybe.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017