Wednesday, July 10, 2013

OVERBAY OVERDRIVE!


God, we needed that!  8 runs tonight from the Yankee bats and it's about time.  The biggest one came from a Grand Slam Lyle Overbay's  bat.  You gotta love that. Oh, and don't look now but Vernon Wells had 2 more hits tonight... getting his average up to .242.  Look, while we are clawing our way back and still not spectacular... we CAN do this.  I've always said that there is talent on this club and that is why certain players were chosen by Brian Cashman.  Yes, I get down on my team too, but the reality is, we can win games, we just need to put it all together.  Tonight it was the perfect combination of hitting and pitching.


Ivan Nova was Super tonight.  Thank goodness.  8 innings pitched and he only allowed 5 hits and 1 run by the Royals.  He shut them down, great news.  I'm not going to lie, I was tired tonight.  Between Little League and Swim meets, my wife and I are dragging ass, so, much like Mr. Bean driving through Europe in his movie Holiday... I almost needed to put matchsticks under my lids to keep myself awake.


I didn't and I fell asleep. I woke up to find that the Yankees pulled it out. Great stuff.  The Yankee assault went like this:


Brett Gardner scored on a wild pitch in the 1st.  Robinson Cano homered in the 3rd inning.  It was his 21st and it was a 3 run homer.  In the 6th, Lyle Overbay cranks out a Grand Slam.


In the top of the 7th, I fell asleep.  In the 9th, I woke up... game over, Yankees win.  Good timing I guess.

Now we just need to keep it going. Let's Go Yankees!

Final: Yankees 8 - Royals 1

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017