Tuesday, July 2, 2013

DON'T CONFUSE ACHIEVEMENT WITH COMPARISON SILLY

We are Yankee fans and many of us have experienced greatness all our lives.  For me it started with Ron Guidry and Reggie Jackson.  For some it was Don Mattingly and Dave Winfield.  For many of you, it was Andy Pettitte and Derek Jeter. 


Last night I congratulated Andy Pettitte on a great achievement, being the all-time strikeout leader for the New York Yankees.  Leave it to some to rain on that parade.  Why? I have no idea.  I guess haters are gonna hate.  In my post CONGRATS TO ANDY PETTITTE, I simply said "For a long, long time, Whitey Ford was considered the absolute best Yankee pitcher ever.  And you know what? He still is.  Luckily for us, the Yankees have a lot of great players over the years.  Tonight, one of our favorites... one of the Core Four, Mr. Andy Pettitte made history."

I don't know about you, but don't think I was comparing anyone here.  Do you? I mean, Ford was amazing in his time, Andy is amazing in his.  When this comment came to us.  It was pending, but I approved it so you know I wasn't making it up:

"Andy Pettitte couldn´t hold Ford´s jockstrap. Pettite´s numbers are simply because his teams were so jacked up on the juice they beat everyone else...except in October. The rest of Andy Pettite´s career aside from his Win total is pedestrian. 3 good years scattered between 18 of outrageous support."  That was sent to us by youcanthandlethetruth.


I mean, where do I start?  First off, BYB isn't in the business of being smarter than anyone here.  But if you look at what I actually said, it has nothing to do with Pettitte's team's being "juiced", it has everything to do with strikeouts.  Andy Pettitte has more strikeouts than Ford, it doesn't make Ford worse, in fact, it's the opposite. It puts Pettitte in an elite category of Yankee greatness...with Whitey.

Look, I appreciate the comments everyone, but if you can't make a point, I'd rather you don't.  In fact, I'd rather you just don't read me.  We're not in the hating business.  This is something people across baseball can recognize as a terrific achievement.  There's no comparing here... just praise.

Oh and technically, Andy probably could hold Whitey's jock, if Whitey still had it... that's the easy part of this whole thing.

Hey youcanthandletheturth... thanks for commenting.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017