Friday, July 19, 2013

BLAH IN BEANTOWN!

The Yankees suck.  What the hell, man?  The Yankees are playing a division rival in the Red Sox this weekend.  Not only is it important, it's necessary to beat them.  Now sure, I understand a slump, but with Andy Pettitte on the mound, I expected results.  I guess I need to face reality... Andy is getting older and now it's evident.  Wow... I never thought I'd say that because I love the guy, but hey, it is what it is...


The Yankees lost 4-2 tonight in Fenway. Pettitte went 6.1 innings. He gave up 4 runs and struck out 4 giving up 2 home runs.  I understand that Phil Hughes gives up alot of home runs, but we need to keep it real for a moment... Andy's been giving up his share lately too.  I wonder what's going on here? Maybe Larry Rothschild need to get into the mix. 

But this isn't about the pitching as much as it is about the run scoring.  The Yankees just can't score or knock in runs.  The pitching gave up 4 runs tonight.  That's a deficit a Yankee club can come back from, but they can't if they forgot how to knock in runs. 

The lack of scoring went like this; In the fourth, Brett Gardner stole 3rd and then, on a throwing error by Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Gardy then scored.  Hardly a clutch play, right? Then in the 5th, Chris Stewart doubled and that scored Lyle Overbay. That's all she wrote ladies and gentlemen... the end.

Final: Red Sox 4 - Yankees 2.

Blah...

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017