Friday, June 14, 2013

TY HENSLEY: COMING TO A BASEBALL FIELD NEAR YOU

You all remember Ty Hensley had a set back, or let me rephrase that; he had something that needed to be corrected and in the spring, he had to go under the knife to have hip surgery.  In a nutshell, Ty had a strain in his rectus abdominus, and it was later confirmed that the condition he had was called FAI or Femoralacetabular (Hip) Impingement.  It basically happens to athletes when they are in their growth years.  As Ty told us in our interview with him (Read BYB EXCLUSIVE: TY HENSLEY TALKS POST SURGERY) "My femoral head grew in a way that did not fit into my socket causing my hip not to rotate as it should.  In me, my abs picked up the slack and starting doing it's job.  After a while the abs just didn't want to do it anymore."  


Well, fast forward to this morning. Like a little doctor, or baseball fanatic or whatever you want to call him, my 10 year old, who was just waking up looked over at his Ty Hensley autographed picture on his dresser and said to me, "Is Mr. Hensley pitching this year yet?"  I reminded him of Ty's condition and rehab.  As he put on his shirt for school, he said, "Can you ask him how he's doing?"  I nodded. Sometimes I need to laugh... if you were ask me 3 years ago if I'd be able to just dial up or email or tweet Yankee players or some of the Yankee family like Laura Posada  or Chuck Knoblauch or guys like Pete Caldera of the Bergen Record, I would have told you you were nuts... but it's happening. 

I guess kindness makes the world go 'round... and I'm glad BYB is doing our part spreading the word about the players, giving support and at least making the readers smile once in a while... in short, it feels good that I can reach out to my son's hero, Ty Hensley, and so I did.

I tweeted him today and for those of you that missed it, the conversation went like this:
 
So there you have it.  The road to recovery is long and hard sometimes, but now that there is light at the end of the tunnel, I can honestly say that I'm genuinely happy for Ty and his family.  No one likes a set back, but with positive support from his family unit, the Yankees,  us fans... things are going to get better for Ty.  Why? Because everything happens for a reason and I believe that Ty will come back better than he was before the condition... I believe it... and so will my kid, when I tell him the great news tonight!

Carry on Ty... Grind it!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017