Wednesday, June 5, 2013

SWEEPING THE TRIBE WAS GLORIOUS!


A sweep is glorious.  It's truly glorious. In fact, I need to start using "glorious" more.  I never really ever use it... and I remember seeing Will Ferrell use it in Old School a while back and you know what? It was glorious then.  Today, the sweep was glorious and I'm bringing it back... it's time. Anyway...


CC Sabathia was great for a while today and then he started to lose it a bit.  Sure, the Yankees kept the lead, but it got alittle freaky in the latter innings, I'm not going to lie.  Sabathia went the full 9, a complete game, he gave up 7 hits and 4 runs.  The Yankees were shutting out the Indians until the 6th.  CC struck out 9, but gave up 1 homer.  Overall, I loved his performance.


For the Yankees, the hitting went like this...in the 1st inning, Travis Hafner cranked out a 2 run homer. Then, in the 2nd, Chris Stewart knocked in a run and Brett Gardner then homered... 3 more runs scored at that point.  Those were the Yankees 6 runs.

Overall, a good performance for the Yanks, although, the world is starting to get impatient with Vernon Wells who just isn't hitting.  It sucks, but that's what a slump is.  I won't turn on Wells yet.  I like what he did for us in April and the beginning of May and I believe he'll get that form back... I really do.

Final today: Yankees 6 - Indians 4.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017