Wednesday, June 19, 2013

PHIL HUGHES: TWO FACE


I'm sick of it. Trade him. I want him gone. The Hughes experiment is officially over as far as I'm concerned. I'm not even sure why the guy is continually in the starting rotation if he pitches like it's Russian Roulette... "One of these times, he's gonna throw a bullet!" I mean, seriously?


Phil Hughes gave up 5 runs before he was pulled. 5. Not 1, not 2, 5 runs, 10 hits over 6 innings.  That's not good, that's bad and you can sit here and tell me that he needs to work out the funkiness all you want. I say this... "It's over."   The other run given up was by Adam Warren tonight, but the damage was done.


As far as the Yankee hitting... there were 3 hits and for the most part, the Yankees struggled big time. Jayson Nix, Robinson Cano and Lyle Overbay hit, the rest did not.  You can't score runs with 3 hits unless there are 3 home runs, or maybe the bases are loaded on those 3 hits.  In others words, Game 2 of the Yankees vs. Dodgers Series sucked ass for Yankee fans.

So yeah, Phil Hughes is Two Face.  One minute, he's "the man" on the mound. The next, he's the bad guy, the bad pitcher, the guy who shouldn't be on the mound.  I need to tell you something... come closer... closer...

HE SUCKS!  Sure, I understand how hard it is to get to the major leagues and then stay there, but if no one is going to literally break down this guy's mechanics and instead, just put him out there to fail constantly, that's a big problem. You have to put some blame on the Yankee management who is just not giving him the hook fast enough.  Skip Hughes in the rotation, do it! You can tell that he has absolutely no confidence out there and that's half the battle! 

I love you Phil, but you need a major overhaul.  Some things you just want work out on your own. Sometimes you need your team, your coaches to guide you, to get you back on track, to build your confidence up again. Go back to the drawing board... before it's too late pal. 

Final, Game 2: Dodgers 6 - Yankees 0.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017