Wednesday, June 12, 2013

MARINERS CALL UP ZUNINO. WHERE'S MONTERO?

There's no real Yankee connection here other than the Yankees traded away their Jesus Montero to the Mariners, and we got Michael Pineda in exchange.  Then it was revealed officially that Jesus Montero really couldn't cut it as a catcher in the Major Leagues. Then, was shipped down to the Mariners farm system, read HERE. That was followed up by me writing PINEDA 1 - MONTERO 0 for Bleeding Yankee Blue.

(In Photo: Mike Zunino)
Now comes word that the Mariners have called up their "real" catching prospect in Mike Zunino. Good for him. Good for them. Hey, could we get Montero back? Maybe we could work with him more and eventually make him our permanent DH...Yankee fans need closure or something.

I have always heard great things about Zunino.  Larry Stone of the Seattle Times tweets:
So, how will Zunino do? I expect awesome, but he's struggled in Tacoma, but it will come... I believe that. He has a .238 average, 11 home runs in 47 games there this year.  I also expect Montero not to be up for a while. He's not even on the active roster.  I do wonder what the future holds for Jesus... now picture me thinking...


but with clothes on.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017