Sunday, June 16, 2013

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ME & YOU

My kids make me laugh. They are all different in personality and just when I think I have one of them figured out, they do something to annoy my wife and I. I say that with love of course.  In fact, my wife and I have a running joke where we'll sit together after a long weekend and say, "Who was your favorite this weekend?" COME ON... you all do it and if you don't, you should!  It's all in good fun, because we love them all like crazy.

Today is Father's Day and as I sat here having coffee, each child came to me with their gifts.  One of my youngest walked over and handed me this:


Truth be told, I'm not a runner. I am athletic at 41, but I don't think I've ever run in front of him in my life.  But I guess with the pressures of school and getting their Father's day gifts ready, you need to think fast, so he came up with this.  His teacher even wrote the caption to save time.  Whatever the case... now I'm a fast runner... and from the drawing, I'm apparently on fire too!


This one comes from my other little guy.  I love ties... barely wear them but this one is extra special. He also made the Footprints poem at the top of this post.  Yes, those are real nails and screws on a piece of sandpaper to complete that poem!  I love when the kids put something together for me. It's extra special and I have a ton of these from the kids over the years all together in a box in my attic. I guess my thinking is I can look back when I'm 102 and say "These are great", or something.


Now this one is extra special and it comes from the one I call "Peanut".  He's 9 now and he literally spent hours on this gift.  Pieces of paper cut up and then pasted on a poster board to make a likeness of me.  If I was a Muppet, I would look like this... no lie, that's how good it is.  I'm thinking about having this one framed.  Truly thoughtful.


This one is the topper though.  This one above is from my 10 year old who clearly forgot it was Father's day and drew this in his room 20 minutes ago.  I know that because he came down and asked for crayons.  I thought I raised him alittle better than that, but I'll let it slide. He's my first born and sometimes they get alittle wiggle room.  That's just the way it goes... not sure who came up with that though.

I enjoy Father's Day.  I didn't realize that the official celebration of Father's Day was first in 1972.  I feel like it should have always been there.  Weird. 

Today I won't be blogging a helluva lot.  Instead, I'm going to try and enjoy the day.  Eat alittle, drink alittle, play with the kids, yell at the kids, you know... a typical day at home. 
(In Photo: Ty & JR Hensley)
To all the fathers out there, Happy Father's Day!  Especially to 2 of my favorite families, the Hensleys and the Posadas. Mike and Marci Hensley have raised great kids in Ty and Jake Ryan.

And to my favorite Yankee catcher next to Thurman Munson, Jorge Posada. He and Laura are terrific people and have the same values as my wife and I and it's great to see!

Enjoy the day, cherish it, hug your kids and have fun.  I have to call my dad now. My thinking was I'd let the old man sleep in a bit. Now I realize he's probably been up since 6am waiting for my call.  That's my dad, always ready for anything.  Happy Father's day... I'm calling now, chill.

Enjoy this day everyone!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017