Sunday, June 2, 2013

GUESS WHO VISITED YANKEE STADIUM...

This is Bernard LaPallo.  He's 111 years old.  You read that right... 111!  I just read this on Yankees.com, Josh Vitale did a great job with the article and the video is just tremendous as well.

Vitale starts off writing: "Bernando LaPallo never thought he would live to see a new Yankee Stadium. He remembers going to games at Hilltop Park -- the Yankees' first home ballpark -- with his father when he was 9 or 10 years old, and he remembers when the first Yankee Stadium opened in 1923, but he never thought he'd have the chance to watch the Yankees call a third stadium home."

Josh goes on:  "He still remembers meeting Babe Ruth when he first came to New York 93 years ago. 'I shook his hand and he said, 'My greatest admirer, my youngest admirer,' LaPallo said. 'I remember that like yesterday.'"  The full piece is HERE.



But what really got me was this video of his meeting with Derek Jeter and Joe Girardi. I mean LaPallo carries himself like he's 75 years old or something.  God Bless this guy.

If you need a feel good story today, this is it. Pass this one on, I'm fascinated with this guy.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017