Friday, June 14, 2013

DEREK JETER GETS CLEARANCE


This is the genius of the New York Yankees machine:

1. Team gets swept by the Athletics

Yankeeland is angry

2. Quickly spin the negative into a positive
3. Reveal Derek Jeter is cleared to run

Yankeeland is happy

Look, I was pissed when the Yankees lost yesterday in 18 innings to the Oakland A's and even more annoyed that they were swept.  Then, when I heard the news that Derek Jeter was cleared to do more baseball activities and moved alittle closer to returning to the Yanks... all that anger went away... I was then very happy.

The report HERE, by Andy McCullough of the Star Ledger is that Jeter "...has been cleared to 'progress into baseball activities and running,' the team announced on Thursday.... The team hopes Jeter can return from the disabled list after the All-Star Break. But it is unclear how he’ll pace himself during his rehabilitation."

Look. One day at a time and I know that, but this is big...the Captain is closer to returning!  I don't want to get excited, but as you know, I am a huge fan of the Core Four and love Jeter there and really want him back.  Read THAT JETER SPIRIT & APPEAL RAGES ON for context on that.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017