Saturday, May 4, 2013

WHY WOULD WE TRADE CURTIS GRANDERSON?

I've been banging the "Curtis Granderson could be traded" drum for weeks now.  It's just an observation. I mean, I love Grandy in our outfield and I personally do not want him traded. But it's clear to me that if the Yankees are handling things out there with Brett Gardner, Ichiro Suzuki and Vernon Wells, then why do we need Granderson?

We posted ARE GRANDERSON'S DAYS IN PINSTRIPES NUMBERED?. a terrific piece by Suzie Pinstripe and it had a harsh reaction in it.  Now, truth be told, we accept all opinions at Bleeding Yankee Blue and today is no different.  I always say, as long as you don't make it personal, I'll except it. So, I reached out to DLJonesTwo when he posted the following comment and asked if I could publish it on BYB.  He agreed and here it is. Enjoy this... I did. Remember, it's in response to our piece asking if Granderson should be traded...

"Yeah, because it makes perfect sense to get rid of a guy who has, for the most part, stayed healthy and has only lead our team in Home Runs and RBIs for the last two seasons!  Especially when we're paying the likes of ARod and Mark Teixeira to do EXACTLY that and they haven't.  Look, I wouldn't trust Andrew Marchand to write a Graduation speech for my goddaughter's kindergarten class. So, it's my opinion that getting rid of Granderson serves absolutely no purpose.  We're very excited right now because the older heads have come in and played well, but if we're not careful, we're going to try and fix something that isn't broken.  I just don't trust Brett Gardner enough to get rid of Granderson and if you watch him at the plate, he's not patient at all and looks horrible on most of his strikeouts.  He's trying too hard to produce!


What's the real logic in getting rid of a seasoned, PRODUCING veteran for younger player that the Yankees may or may not play? We have a farm system filled with "potential", but they will never be brought up to play because Yankee brass seems so against bringing guys up and actually giving them a chance. All we're really doing is shipping production, home runs and RBIs off to another team. Too many people are looking at what he isn't doing instead of what Granderson has done. Let's start looking at what ARod and Teixeira aren't doing since we're on that path. Bottom line is hitting homers brings in runs. Granderson put up 9 more homers and 13 less RBIs last year than ARod put up total in the last two seasons. Yet, the Yankees paid ARod $31 million in 2011 and $29 million last year and the guy is getting another $28 million right now and hasn't lifted a bat.  Curtis Granderson made $18.25 million combined for 2011 and 2012 and is getting $15 million this year! There's no need to even look at Teixeira's salary.

Look, if they want to get rid of Granderson, then they should just do it... but please don't say he's not worth every dime he's been paid or search for a reason to cut him loose. He's given everything he has to the organization, on and off the filed. Selfless, clean and honest."

It may be the smartest analysis of why we shouldn't trade Curtis Granderson... and you know what? I'm on board, I get it.  Thanks to DLJonesTwo. Great job!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017