Friday, May 10, 2013

THE SABATHIA NON-STORY THAT WILL ANNOY YOU

You ever read a headline and think, "Are you seriously that desperate?"  I just did.  I usually skim the net pretty good looking for Yankee nuggets, but I missed this one.  The ridiculous headline reads:  Yankee traitor! CC Sabathia wears Dodgers cap at Brooklyn Nets humiliating NBA playoffs loss to Chicago Bulls That's David Brown at Yahoo Sports Big League Stew. You have to be kidding me, right?

I read on and of course, they have a picture of CC Sabathia sitting there with a Dodgers cap on. But it's a Brooklyn Dodgers cap.  Brooklyn, as in "I'm backing Brooklyn tonight."  Not, "I'm a Dodgers fan now!"  Hell, he could be a Jackie Robinson fan and I would be fine with it.  It's CC "Freaking" Sabathia! What do you want him to wear... a Yankee cap?

To be honest, you rarely ever see that.  You rarely ever see a player wear their team cap or jersey outside the stadium, unless if for a charity event, or, if you remember CC wore his jersey when he was on some Anderson Cooper show in the off season of his re-signing.

I predicted then that he only wore that because of the fact that he wanted to re-sign with the Yanks and it was a subtle signal.  Read WHY SABATHIA ROARS. CC'S STAYING IN THE BRONX for context on that.

The point is, Big League Stew disappointed me. I know they don't care about that, but still, alittle deceiving, don't you think? Brown wrote:  "...worst of all: New York Yankees ace left-hander CC Sabathia attended the humiliating Nets game wearing a Dodgers cap. A Brooklyn Dodgers cap, yeah, and Jackie Robinson, yeah, and "42" is still playing in theaters, sure, but it's the Dodgers just the same....A Yankee wearing a Dodgers cap in Brooklyn's court. Yankee traitor! Bronx treason! Borough scandal!"

Really? Scandal? Treason? Traitor? Look, I'm not the greatest writer in the world, but I need to be honest. I can't tell if this is sarcasm, aggravation or both or neither. I know this... I think it's stupid.

Yankee hate? A non-story? Silliness? All of the above? Sure it is.  I just wanted to bring it to your attention, you guys are smarter than to fall into that stupid trap. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017