Friday, May 3, 2013

THE GRANDY-SSENTIALS


Quite a lot of talk about Curtis Granderson of late. Some folks, including some of my esteemed colleagues, believe we should trade him. He will not give us the bang for our buck. Let’s see what we can get for him in a trade. And so on.

Speaking honestly, I cannot say I was a big Grandy fan when he was first signed to New York. I knew who he was but wasn’t impressed or despairing that he would now be wearing Pinstripes.

That changed fast.

Grandy converted me. I now preach the gospel of Curtis. It wasn’t because of his home runs or flashy defensive plays. It was because of his heart. He struck me as a player who had always wanted to play for New York. He still gives me that impression.

He plays with intensity and joy. He is quick to smile. He is kind to his fans and keeps himself away from trouble and scandal. He comports himself with the class and dignity befitting the Pinstripes. A-Rod never did that. He never came close.

So I want him around. Why not? We can afford to hang on to him right now anyway. The vets are pulling through. The Yankees are winning. Why would we not want to benefit from the boost Grandy’s return will give everyone?

Put his bat in this lineup. With Cano. With Hafner. With Wells. With everyone. Opposing pitchers will have fits. Who do you pitch around?

There is no real reason to trade Curtis right now. Perhaps this may change. Perhaps not. Let him heal. Let him rest. And let him come back more fired up than ever.

Curtis Granderson plays like he has always wanted to be a Yankee. We should let him.


Chad R. MacDonald
BYB Writer
Facebook: New York Yankees the Home of Champions
My Blog: ChadRants



Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017