Saturday, May 25, 2013

TEIXEIRA TO PLAY FOR THE TRENTON THUNDER

Mark Teixeira has been the biggest mystery in the "Yankee Disabled list saga."  One moment he's on the road to recovery and the next he's not. Last week I offered my own opinion of what is happening with Teixeira's wrist in GUESS WHAT MARK TEIXEIRA'S STILL NOT DOING? saying simply: "Remember when Brett Gardner kept having setbacks last season because he had wrist problems? I almost feel like Mark Teixieira is going the same route." 

That was quickly followed up with a report that he played a simulated game and saw live pitching, read HERE.  Then that was quickly followed up by an opinion in another blog HERE that Mark "wasn't out of the injury woods yet."  I agree with the opinion.


The Tug-a-war has been interesting and I'm sticking with my original opinion that this road to recovery for Tex is much longer than anyone thinks. I'll wait to see him in the Bronx before getting all excited.  Meanwhile, it is being revealed that he could be playing for the Trenton Thunder next week. The report goes like this (HERE):  "Teixeira is expected to play in Trenton on a rehabilitation assignment Wednesday, May 29 (10:35am) and Thursday, May 30 (7:05pm) as the Thunder face the Erie SeaWolves (Detroit). The assignment is contingent on the weather and Teixeira's continued progress with his rehab work at the Yankees Minor League complex in Tampa. "

Cross your fingers everyone.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017