Wednesday, May 8, 2013

ROY HALLADAY WILL GO UNDER THE KNIFE

A quick baseball note and because it's Roy Halladay, I consider it a big deal.  It's being reported by MLB.com's Todd Zolecki (HERE) that Halladay will be having shoulder surgery to repair a bone spur.

Zolecki writes that Halladay said: "We went in and did the MRI. They found a bone spur, some changes in the rotator cuff, more so than last year. There’s a little bit of fraying of the labrum, but not anything significantly different than last year. So what they’re going to do is go in and clean up the bone spur, clean up the rotator cuff and the labrum. Try and keep it as unevasive as possible. And from what I understand, if they go in and see during surgery what they saw on the exams I have a chance to come back and pitch this year."

I would suggest next year, but hey, medicine is fascinating in 2013 and I wouldn't put anything past Roy Halladay. I mean, I'm a fan. Best of luck to Roy. He was such a dominant pitcher for a lot of years, I hope he recovers and pitches again soon.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017