Thursday, May 2, 2013

JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICE...

Another win for the Yankees last night.  I have to say, I'm starting to get used to this. 


First off, don't look now, but Ichiro Suzuki is hitting and I love him in the lead off spot.  Having his there can really get a team moving, I don't care if he's 39 or 49... it's Ichiro...think about it.

2 more hits last night and his average is up to .279.


The big story is David Phelps. Sure, it's great that the Yankees have 3 decent starters, but all us fans want 4 or 5 decent starters.  Phelps last night went 5.2 innings innings, allowed 8 hits and 4 runs. He struck out 5. Not awesome, but I'm happy with him and he can only get better.

 Home runs last night by Robinson Cano and Ben Francisco of all people.  I mean, Francisco is getting alot of heat for just sucking the life out of that roster spot, but he knew his role last night and helped out nicely.

The smartest play of the night was Lyle Overbay who stalled on a double play long enough for Eduardo Nunez to score and the Yankees grabbed the lead in the 6th inning. Once that happened, the bullpen boys came in and once again, Mariano Rivera shut the door for save #11.


Very nice win for our guys last night.

Final: Yankees 5 - Astros 4.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017