Monday, May 6, 2013

EDUARDO NUNEZ IS "DAY TO DAY"

I mean, there is a grim reaper standing over Yankee Stadium right now, right? Luckily for us, we have Vernon Wells, Travis Hafner and Lyle Overbay... can you imagine if we didn't?

The latest from Yankeeland is that Eduardo Nunez left yesterday's game because of a tight rib cage. Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News (HERE) writes: " Nunez, the everyday shortstop with Derek Jeter out, was removed from the game in the middle of the fourth inning after feeling pain on swings and on throws. He had no idea how he hurt himself, and even thought the pain he felt in the first inning was gastrointestinal distress.
 

'I thought it was some food or something like that. I didn’t even know. I didn’t tell anybody and I just kept playing,' he said. 'After the second inning it was worse. After the third inning after I swung (in a strikeout), I was in pain a lot. I came back and played defense and I could not throw. I could not move.'

He told Joe Girardi of tightness in his rib cage and was sent for an MRI exam that was negative, showing only inflammation."


Oh... it's ONLY inflammation... that's good.... Wait, WHAT?? Inflammation??  I mean, isn't that bad?  OK, well, whatever the case, he's day to day and hopefully not a DL situation.  What makes matters worse... or funnier, or whatever you want to call it, look what MLB Memes put out:



I have no idea where this came from, who made it or who's behind it, but I'm featuring it because it's put things in perspective for me.

We'll keep you posted on Nunez and any other Yank that gets a hang nail and needs to be placed on the DL... it's silly now... just silly.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017