Monday, April 22, 2013

THE YANKEES WEREN'T THE ONLY ONES TO LOSE TONIGHT

When the Yankees lose, I hate it.  When either of my son's teams lose, I feel worse.  Tonight, both happened.... That's fatherhood and baseball for me. I'm just being straight with you. I'm bummed right about now.
The Yankees lost and it was ugly.  CC Sabathia gave up 4 runs in the first inning, and that's all the Rays really needed.  The Yankees were not able to figure out Matt Moore tonight. Bottom line, Moore was awesome. They only scored 1 run off him and that was in the 4th when Robinson Cano cranked a solo shot.  That my friends was it. 

CC Sabathia's line tonight went like this: 7 IP, he allowed 7 hits and 5 runs. He struck out 8 and gave up 3 home runs.  Cano was 2 for 4 tonight with his homer. Vernon Wells was 0 for 4 with 3 strikeouts.  Hey, it happens.

Final: Rays 5 - Yankees 1

Now onto the other loss.... My son's team has been struggling a bit. the focus seems to have vanished or something.  Tonight they made a strong comeback in the late innings, but they ran of time because of darkness. They shook hands with their opposition and came back to the dugout.  They looked devastated, tired, annoyed.  Granted, they are now 1-2.  Not 1-10, not 2-20.  1-2, hardly a losing record.  But as a kid in little league, I just remember it being the end of the world when we lost a game and I forget about it until I saw their faces tonight.  They just want to win.  They just want to feel good.  As one of their coaches, I feel like I let them down.   So, do me a favor. Send some positive vibes our way. Comment, and wish their club well.  They play again in a few days, they need alittle encouragement. And hey, while you're at it, do the same thing for those Yanks... will ya?

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017