Sunday, April 14, 2013

HEY MEREDITH, CALL ME... MAYBE

Well it's been a couple weeks now since we wrote WHEN IT COMES TO MARAKOVITS, WE'RE ALL IN! and I've learned something. Getting an interview with Meredith Marakovits is harder to do than getting an interview with the president of YES!  I mean... It's mad tough! Many avenues, emails, "people", time issues, tricks, clues.  I was told to bring a hard boiled egg into a bodega in New York City and give it to the cashier.



I would then be walked down a dark cellar and corridor where another man would be there. I'd have to then give him the secret words through a hard, metal, heavy door... "New England Clam Chowder", I'd say. "Red or White?" he would ask.  "White"  I would say... then I'd be in.



For all of you that recognized the pop culture references of 90210 and Ace Ventura; Pet Detective... You're genuises and I love our readers!

Anyway, the point is, it's been 2 weeks! What gives? It went like this, we at BYB put it out there, Meredith responded and I got in touch with her "person." (Damn, I need a person.) Things were looking up.

But still... Nothing. I'm growing old Meredith, I mean, I ain't looking for a date or anything. I am not sitting here staring at your picture while playing Lionel Richie's "Say You, Say Me",  I'm looking for an interview... that's it.  You're swell and all but come on, this is simple!


Yankee fans want to see what makes you tick.  Bleeding Yankee Blue readers would as well. What do you say?

Now, in fairness, it's the beginning of the season. There is a lot going on, plus, the Yanks were on the road and there are no days off, rain dates, mass chaos and all of that. I get it, plus, hopefully my humor is a brilliant buffer here.  Look, I can only imagine Meredith is in demand, much like Bob Lorenz, Kenny Singleton and the gang, but hey, my man Jack Curry made things happen for us here at BYB! How about those busy sports guys Pete Caldera and Ian O'Connor? Gentlemen, absolute Gentlemen.

All I'm saying is, let's tango Meredith the time is now!  Have your people reach out to my peop--... er... um... reach out to me.

Let's get this done! The BYB readers want to hear from you!  

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017