Wednesday, April 24, 2013

COULD YOUK'S BAD BACK SCREW THE YANKS?

Kevin Youkilis said that he was being "careless" trying to play Monday.  That's what Andy McCullough of the Star Ledger is reporting.  Youk says: "From all the MRIs and all that stuff, I’ve had before, it’s the same spot. There’s nothing you can do about it. Just try to get some rest and let it heal... I probably rushed a little the other day... Probably careless on my part. But I love going out there and playing. Sometimes you’ve got to take a backseat and think about longevity.” Read McCullough's full piece HERE.

The "I've had before" part is that tightness in his lower back, but you have to wonder that if Kevin Youkilis does end up going to the DL, just how will that affect the Yankee club that is already full of injury? I mean think about it, Youk was filling in for Alex Rodriguez, who is hurt.

Look, I've always said Youk was a gamer. I love him on the field and I was thrilled when he came to New York... but he's old and he can't mess with the body like that.  He shouldn't have rushed back, it hurts the team.  Let's hope he just needs another day or 2 to get back and doesn't go on the DL.

If there is an update, we'll of course let you know.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017