Wednesday, April 24, 2013

BLANKED IN TAMPA

If you don't score runs, you don't win.  If you don't hit, you don't score runs.  That's what I tell my Little League team. I don't say it to be a dick. I say it because it's a fact.  4 hits didn't cut it tonight, the Yankees were shut out.  Let's talk about the pitching first...

Andy Pettitte received his first loss tonight. He's now 3-1. His line tonight 6 innings pitched. He allowed 7 hits and 3 runs.  Overall, that's not bad.  A club like the Yankees should be able to come back from that... but they didn't. That's baseball.

4 hits tonight for the Yankees. Brett Gardner, Ichiro Suzuki, Eduardo Nunez and Jayson Nix each got a hit.  That was it. Alex Cobb pitched well for the Rays.

Best play ever was Eduardo Nunez tonight. The video of the play is HERE and it was sparkling.  A dive, a snag, a turn and a throw to get the batter out at first base for the out.  As Wally Matthews of ESPN said on Twitter, "It's Nuniii now, no more EEEE's".  OK, I'll take that.

Final tonight: Rays 3 - Yankees 0.

 Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017