Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I WILL LOSE MY PATIENCE IF JETER GETS HURT...

There, I said it.  I swore to myself I would try to keep a calm path in 2013. I swore to myself I wouldn't get crazy for no reason and put more important things in my life in front of me, rather then let things like Spring training losses be a distraction.  Mark my words though... if Derek Jeter gets hurt, you will see the four horses of the Apocalypse.  You will see me scream in horror from the rooftops.
You will see me walk into an Irish Pub and punch someone cold in the mouth. Why? Because as a Yankee fan, you can take the stress that comes with rooting for your team just for so long... then, when something catastrophic happens... you panic, and get nutty.  Again... if Derek Jeter gets hurt, more serious than being reported... I will get nutty.

It's being reported HERE that yesterday "Jeter was flexing the ankle a lot during batting practice. Jeter eventually went to trainer Steve Donohue, who then told Girardi, who made the lineup change. Girardi is not sure what this means long term. Could be just a day. Could be a sign of things to come."

So Jeter's ankle is cranky.  This, in turn, makes me cranky.  Sure, with Mark Teixeira getting hurt, I was OK with it. When Curtis Granderson went down, I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later.  But thinking about the heart and soul of this team, Derek Sanderson Jeter out for an extended amount of time would devastate me and this Yankee club quickly and that ladies and gentlemen is something that I cannot handle.

So stay tuned and keep checking back here at Bleeding Yankee Blue.  If anything happens with our Captain, trust me, we'll tell you about it.  Let's hope Jeter is out just a few days and that's it.  I mean, he said "I'm not concerned... Because I was told this was going to happen.... I'm frustrated I can't go out there and play, but it's part of the whole rehab process...I'll play as soon as I can play." That being said, we need to go slow here... this is the Captain... you know what I mean?

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017