Thursday, March 21, 2013

EDUARDO NUNEZ IS ALL UP IN MY GRILL!


A strange few hours for me and Bleeding Yankee Blue.  A lot of misinterpreting when I wrote WHEN YOUR WORST FEARS COME TRUE. Much of it was about the Yankees and how things change dramatically without Derek Jeter in the lineup and not leading us out of the dugout on Opening Day.  That being said, You know me, I never count my team out and I didn't then. If you misinterpreted it, let me make it clear... Jeter is the lifeline that makes this Yankee team click. If he wasn't, then him busting an ankle in the playoffs last year wouldn't have mattered.  I'm right, get over yourself.  But know this too, I don't, and have not had any faith in Eduardo "Stone hands" Nunez... until I read the great Jon Lane's piece on the YES Network.com site HERE.  

In it, Lane gets the nugget not seen many other places. The piece is called "Eduardo Nunez: I will prove people wrong".  Lane gives some pretty pointed quotes from Nunez and it's almost like he's talking directly to me. Nunez says: "It's hard when you know you can do better than that, and you're not doing it... I hear a lot of things. People blame you. 'You [stink].' 'You can't do this.' That's hard, but everything that I hear -- comments about myself -- they make me stronger. I tell myself, I work hard and I (will) prove them wrong. The people that talked about me bad, they're wrong."

Boom! Someone just showed me what time it was! Nunez... all up in my grill and telling us doubters that there's a player in that body!  You know what I say? Show me Nunie!  I'll bite! I'm all in, but you gotta show me.  I can be "Team Nunez" all day long if at the end of the day, you match that glove talent with that bat talent.  Over all, I know you can do it, but to be honest, I never knew if you actually believed!  You do! You know what? Now I do. Put your money where your mouth is!

Thanks for that Jon Lane and Nunie... Good luck to you pal.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017