Friday, February 8, 2013

LET'S TURN THE PAGE ON THE YANKEES OFFSEASON

Thank God we made it.  Spring training is literally days away and when Spring Training starts, baseball fans get giddy.  For us Yankee fans, every crappy thing that went down this off season need to be forgotten. We need to stop wondering about the guys we didn't get and start thinking about baseball with the team we have... that's it... it's time.  Think about the fresh cut grass. Think about your baseball glove you wore as a kid and think about that smell as you put it to your face.  It's baseball.  Bottom line, the Yankees need to play ball now no matter who we have.   At the end of the day, the team knows they need to win no matter who’s on the field. 
Sure, the cloud of Anthony Bosch is hanging over Major League Baseball and sure, it’s very true... once a cheater, always a cheater, but fans need to step away from that right now and think about the positive of this great game of baseball.  Let MLB do what they need to do and for you and me, we just need to focus our own families and keep them on the right track. It’s all we can do.  Plus, baseball makes me happy, and it’s time to turn the page on all that negative stuff and concentrate on the game itself.


So, who’s going to Spring Training? Anyone?  I won’t be attending, but if I'm putting this out there... If you go and you want to be part of the BYB family, you have an assignment.  Check it out.   Take pictures and write a piece for us throughout your Spring Training experience.   If you meet a player, take a picture and send it to us. 
If you saw something fun while you were in Tampa, write about it and email us. Look, I’m not saying I'm guaranteeing your article will be on BYB, but I will take a look at all of them and put up what I can.

Of course we'll be trying to bring you stories from Florida when Spring Training officially starts because, let's face it, I love seeing the new guys take the field in their new uniforms.  We’ll see Matt Diaz and Dan Johnson trying to earn spots. 

We’ll watch Travis Hafner walk out in blue and the inner-locking NY on his chest and we’ll even see a clean shaven Kevin Youkilis, hopefully breaking balls with Joba Chamberlain on the field.  They’re teammates now, and all that crap the media ran with this winter about the fued, well, it’s just BS.

At the end of the day, no matter who’s on the field, they are the New York Yankees, and we are the fans that root all season long no matter what. Yes, it's true... I will be front and center as always because truth be told, you root for your team in thick and thin.   This year won’t be any different no matter what kind of tough talk I write here at BYB... I love my Yankees. 

Baseball’s here ladies and gentlemen… the greatest sport in the world without a doubt. I'm a baseball nerd, what can I say...

Go Yanks!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017