Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BOBBY VALENTINE NEEDS A STOP TALKING

Maybe Bobby needs a nice Silence of the Lambs muzzle.  The reality is, I have never liked Bobby Valentine, or should I say, I never respected him. Not liking or hating is cruel.  At least when it comes to respect, it comes between 2 human beings or more and people understand how you treat or handle others as a manager or individual.  I call him Uncle Rico (Read WHY VALENTINE IS BASEBALL'S UNCLE RICO) because he's stuck in the past. 
Bobby has never won a damn thing in the states, yet, he's placed on a pedastal by Major League Baseball and networks like ESPN for being an "expert."  An expert of what, I have no idea. But fine, I guess if you know the right people, you fail "up."

Uncle Rico was just made athletic director for Sacred Heart University.  Good for him. According to Jerry Spar of WEEI who was there, read HERE, Valentine spoke about the Red Sox in 2012 and said this:


 "I thought I did a hell of a job in Boston. I thought what had to be done there was done except for winning a pennant. But Connie Mack wasn’t going to win with that team. It’s six months of a 62-year life. It’s six months of a 42-year career in baseball. It’s a blip..."

How insulting is this guy? Now you know me, I don't care for or root for the Red Sox, but let's not forget that this is still a major league club we're talking about.  There is absolutely no way to fully blame the entire Red Sox club for sucking.  After all, that's why the manager is there... to manage.  The team didn't gel partly because of Bobby and it's a big PART. The team, didn't have respect for their manager and in turn, they didn't do what they needed to win.  It's a joint effort for sure... again, Bobby was a big part of that crappy season.

I kind of feel bad for the Sacred Heart players.  What's gonna happen when he blows that gig?

And  for the record... Connie Mack is rolling over in his grave.  It's easy to challenge a dead guy.  Come on Bobby, you're better than that...or are you?

Kudos to Aaron Gleeman at Hardball Talk which is where I read this story first, HERE.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017