Saturday, February 2, 2013

ALEX RODRIGUEZ ISN'T THE ONLY ONE INVOLVED HERE

Look, you know me.  I'm not getting too, too wrapped up in this PEDs story and the New Times report HERE yet.  I hate it.  It's a devastating blow to the game of baseball and by the way... Alex Rodriguez wasn't the only one allegedly involved here.  There was a list of players allegedly involved.  Nelson Cruz, Gio Gonzalez, Bartolo Colon, Melky Cabrera.  I'm just saying this isn't only an Alex Rodriguez problem, but the media is running with it anyway.  I love this Boston Globe headline that reads Report Links Alex Rodriguez to Clinic, for example. That's funny, later on they actually mention the other players, but it's buried. Why?

The media will tell you there will be no return for Alex.  Mike Greenberg from ESPN put out the Tweet above. it's interesting.  But the Alex situation is unique. Certain media says Alex won't return because he was caught twice.  OK, but wouldn't Cabrera and Colon be 2 other players caught twice too?  I'm asking.

Look, you can read this and think that I'm coming to Alex's defense.  Well, in some regard... someone has to.  That goes for the other guys too.  Remember, MLB made their statement HERE and said they will look into the matter.  Here's a portion of that statement:

“We are always extremely disappointed to learn of potential links between players and the use of performance-enhancing substances. These developments, however, provide evidence of the comprehensive nature of our anti-drug efforts. Through our Department of Investigations, we have been actively involved in the issues in South Florida. It is also important to note that three of the players allegedly involved have already been disciplined under the Joint Drug Program...Vigilance remains the key toward protecting the integrity of our game. We have the best and most stringent drug testing policy in professional sports, we continue to work with our doctors and trainers to learn what they are seeing day-to-day and we educate our players about the game’s unbending zero-tolerance approach. We remain fully committed to following all leads and seeking the appropriate outcomes for all those who use, purchase and are involved in the distribution of banned substances, which have no place in our game. We are in the midst of an active investigation and are gathering and reviewing information. We will refrain from further comment until this process is complete.”


My only point is let MLB deal with it now. MLB has to investigate. MLB needs to truly determine if these allegations that Anthony Bosch "injected" Alex Rodriguez (read HERE) are true. To do that, they need to look at all the evidence... then the truth will come out.


I'm going to say something now that will surely bring criticism.  I am in no way defending these players, this story makes me sick.  I am merely playing devil's advocate.  Brian McNamee claimed to have inject Roger Clemens too, remember that? McNamee said in his testimony that he personally injected Clemens 8 to 10 times in 1998, read HERE. Think about that for a second.  It seems like everyone is injecting everyone these days in this nasty world of PEDs and many are willing to throw others under the bus, true or not true to protect their own ass.  Bottom line is, we don't know what's true or what's not true until we hear what the final investigation says.  Me? I'm not drawing conclusions.  I'm not in the middle of this personally, I'm an outsider like you and I'm just reading all different stories and taking it all in.


Am I making a case for either side? I'm not. I'm just telling you that now that this is in the hands of Major League Baseball, we need to let them deal with it. The media needs to be responsible and stop printing bull to sell newspapers and get clicks. Again, reporting that "ARod's in trouble" is only part of it, there are other players named as well.

Me? I'm just gonna do damage control with my own kids, teaching them right from wrong in this crazy world.  My job's to guide them, and, it's also to teach them that there is more than 1 side of the story.


I don't know what will happen to Alex Rodriguez or Gio Gonzalez.  I did suggest a comprehensive plan to curb PEDs in baseball in PEDs HAVE DESTROYED THIS GREAT GAME OF BASEBALL  and I hope it's considered... but I also know it's not my job.  My job is to teach my kids to be smart with their choices... and that's what I'm going to do.

Sorry for the downer this morning, but it had to be said. Enjoy your Saturday.  And you want a pick me up? Read  MY OWN FIELD OF DREAMS WITH MY DAD. You'll only get a beautiful story like that here at Bleeding Yankee Blue.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017