Tuesday, January 8, 2013

WILL MICHAEL MORSE BECOME A YANKEE?

Ken Rosenthal of the Fox Sports just Tweeted HERE that Michael Morse is getting interest from 5 or 6 teams. ESPN is saying the Yankees are interested in Morse, read HERE. Nice. I'm going to make a statement that you may or may not like.  I dig Mike Morse and not only that, my son liked him when he and I once watched him crank one out in a pre-season game a few years ago. We were both intrigued. I wrote about it in WHY IT'S COMING TOGETHER, a piece from 2011.  I wrote then:

" this is not a Yankee thought, it's a baseball thought. Who the hell is Michael Morse and how can we get him in pinstripes? Anyone see last night's game? I'm a sucker for home runs and power and watching then soar out of a ball park. To me, it's part of what makes baseball so special. Morse is a monster at the plate and had a monster shot against AJ. I just want to say, I wish this guy well. He could have a future in the majors if he gets more at bats per year."
Morse is a righty. Morse has power and Morse is probably cheaper than the other options out there.  I will bet something is going to happen between the Yanks and Nationals when it comes to Morse. Stay tuned...

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017