Friday, December 21, 2012

WHERE IS RAUL IBANEZ?


There are a lot of guys that were in Yankee uniforms in 2012 that we heard about. Russell Martin went with the Pirates; Ichiro Suzuki came back, and Nick Swisher likely to go to the Indians. But there is one name that I haven’t heard of.

Where the heck is Raul Ibanez?

 I feel like this off-season has made Ibanez Waldo in one of my “Where’s Waldo?” books. Just when you think you will get a glimpse of him or hear his name, he’s gone again.

I have to admit last season when the Yankees signed Ibanez I had my reservations. They traded in Jorge Posada for Ibanez? I just couldn’t wrap my mind around it. I am very happy that Ibanez made me eat my words. He came up big for us when we needed it most. He was very clutch.


So what will happen now that he is a the free agent? I had hoped that the Yankees would have already put their bid in for him. In November, Ibanez made it clear that he wanted to be in a Yankees uniform come the 2013 season, but that isn’t the case, yet. Read that HERE. The Yankees haven't made an offer and other teams are sniffing around.

Turns out the Rangers might have some interest in Ibanez. Now, I’m not going to hit the panic button and demand that Yankees move on this yet but we can't sit around either. The Rangers would like to add him as their designated hitter. Read the rest from George King HERE.

This sounds just like what happened with Ichiro Suzuki. The Yankees made him wait a little longer than they wanted so they started talking to other teams. Thankfully, we didn't miss out on him. I don't want to miss out on Ibanez like we did with Eric Chavez.


I guess the Rangers interest in Ibanez makes sense. He hit .240 with 19 homers this past season and hit well against right-handed pitchers. Now that Josh Hamilton is with the Angels, they will need someone else who can hit well against righties, but so do we! 

Again, this is all just a rumor but, if this is true, chances are the Yankees will have to move on Ibanez soon if they plan on bringing him back. Come on Cashman, we want him back in the Bronx!



--Erica Morales, BYB Writer
Twitter: @e_morales1804




Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017