Thursday, December 20, 2012

DID SWISHER JUST SABOTAGE HIS INDIANS OFFER?

According to MLB.com's Jordan Bastian, the deal the Cleveland Indians have offered Nick Swisher is said to be in the 4 year, $50 million range.  Read HERE.

Jordan writes: "The deal is larger than the four-year pact offered by the Tribe earlier this off season to outfielder Shane Victorino, who instead signed a three-year, $39 million contract with Boston. Swisher was headed to an undisclosed city to meet with another team after his stop in Cleveland."

That sounds like a great deal, especially if Nick can get it at this point in his career.  Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.com says that Nick Swisher's deal with the Indians is more like $13 million per year.  Who really knows I guess,but read Heyman's account HERE.

But here's the kicker and after I read this, I thought "Wow, if I'm the Indians and I'm reading Heyman, I'm withdrawing my offer from Swisher." Heyman writes:

 "...Swisher wants to go to the Dodgers... Swisher, who loved New York and lives in L.A., presumably doesn't have Cleveland as his first choice despite being from West Virginia and playing at Ohio State."

"Well this is awkward!"
Nick Swisher was just wined and dined in Cleveland, they rolled out the red carpet for him and will most likely make him the Golden boy of Cleveland, using him in their advertising and if it's true that he wants go to the Dodgers over the Indians and it's been revealed now after the "meeting" with Indians brass, I'm telling Nick to "go scratch". That's just my opinion... outside looking in.  Sure Nick needs to negotiate now, but still, the way this sounds, it almost sounds like the Indians aren't "good enough", even after their opened arms welcome in Cleveland.   Again, I'm not being mean, I'm just being true... it's just an opinion...something to think about... nothing more.

It is very important to also explain that Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News says Swish has 2 offers on the table, read his Tweet HERE.

That being said, it's clear... Nick's on the move and I wish him well no matter what. If anything new is revealed, we'll bring it to you right here on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017