Yogi Berra says..."It ain't over, till it's over."
- Today is a day off: Trust me, you may not think it's a big deal, but it is. The Yankees battled the Baltimore Orioles last week, it was a very tough series filled with extra inning games and emotions running high and low and high again. As soon as they finished clinching the ALDS, they immediately started their fight against the Tigers. Well, sometimes you need alittle down time and I think this day off will be huge for them. They can reprogram themselves, re-adjust and regroup. There is no negative to today.
- Change of Scenery: Believe it or not, Detroit may be just where the Yankees need to be to start fresh. With the Gang of 4 above not hitting, the vibe in the Stadium was pretty flat at times. Booing players gets boring and of course the players don't respond well to it. Perhaps, just perhaps going to another park, even though it ain't our own could help us. Hey, you never know.
- ARod's about to explode: That's right, I said it. I hate using the phrase "He's having good at bats" and meanwhile, the player is 2 for 22 with 12 strikeouts. I'll tell you something though, lately Alex is hitting the ball hard and it's my gut telling me that once Alex gets away from the Bronx, and maybe gets into Detroit, he will turn it around. I love these guys... I have faith. Again, my gut says Alex is about to explode. Also, with Derek Jeter not there, who else should lead us. Alex maybe?
- Great Yankees Pitching: The Yankees pitching has been great. CC Sabathia is a God to me. Hiroki Kuroda pitched on 3 days rest and was outstanding on Sunday, and I mentioned the other day that Andy Pettitte gave up 2 runs and he's allowed to, because, let's face it, he has a team behind him that's supposed to deliver. They are talented enough to do damage every time they come to bat. But I have to say, great pitching only lasts so long. Our bullpen holds down the opponent pretty well, but at the end of the day, we need to score runs to stay in the game. We haven't done it. The pitching though, it's great, and I'm proud of our guys.
- One game at a time: Our Captain always says it and he's so right! You can't win a series on a Friday if you still need to win Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Don't get too far ahead, focus on the day and the game your in and win it. The Yankees have that ability. Remember those words... One game at a time.
- Ibanez helps lead us: Raul Ibanez is having the postseason of his life and that feeling will carry over the Detroit. With Jeter out, he's going to need to continue hitting and getting on base. I have no doubt he'll do well.
- The fans: We love to win, is that so wrong? We have 27 championships and there's nothing wrong with us fans wanting our team to push to the finish line. After all, we pay your salary, we invest, we want a return. Nothing wrong with that. At the end of the day, we may be frustrated, but we'll also stand by our Yankees until the last pitch, win or lose!
Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.