Saturday, October 27, 2012

HE WAS OUR PHIL COKE FIRST!

Yeah, Phil Coke is the happiest guy alive right now.  He's in the World Series and the Yankees are home, but let's not forget that Phil Coke was a New York Yankee first and a damn good one while he was with us.
I remember after the Yankees won the World Series in 2009 and the winter came, the Curtis Granderson trade went down and Phil Coke was shipped off to Detroit. I remember at the time I was telling my buddy, and I'm paraphrasing now, "Damn, I thought we were going to hold onto Coke and ship off David Robertson." Yeah, that's right, I said it. I mean, at the time and on the surface it made sense, Coke had a lot of decent action that season and was clearly developing into a decent reliever. Obviously I'm happy DRob stayed in New York, but hey, back then he was the new kid, and much like the Yankees do, they develop and ship off. Hey, who knows what would have happened if Phil Coke stayed in New York and we never traded away Austin Jackson for Curtis Granderson as well.
I hate thinking that way, and trust me, I wouldn't have changed a thing, I love having Granderson in pinstripes, but it's interesting when you think about the guys involved in that trade and where we are right now.
I know one thing, Phil Coke, Austin Jackson and Max Scherzer beat us pretty good this LCS and Grady gave us nothing in this playoff. What? You're wondering why I mentioned Max Scherzer in that mix? Well, let's not forget Ian Kennedy was part of the 3 man trade that winter and he went to the Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks shipped Scherzer to Detroit and well, now we see the Yankees out of it and it almost looks like Detroit came out looking like champs in that trade.

3 guys on the Tigers that really burned us this year... It really makes you think, don't it? I'm thrilled the San Francisco Giants are up 2 to 0 in the World Series... Go Giants!

 Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017