Wednesday, October 3, 2012

FISHING FOR A COMPLIMENT DURING YANKEE INSANITY


I'm freaking out. Any Yankee fan that tells you that they are calm as can be right now is bullshitting you. The Orioles are nipping and Buck Showalter may have smiled, those reports are unconfirmed...and he'd deny it anyway.

The Yankees play 1 more game against the Red Sox and then, the season is over. Just like that. There is no way of knowing what will happen before it happens but rooting for your Yankees like your life depended on it is a good start. Last night was a great game but no one wants extra innings at this time of year, especially when the Yankees are still trying to win the division. That Walk-off by Raul Ibanez was amazing last night, and seeing Francisco Cervelli actually be apart of it was pretty cool too.  But all this action is just making me crazy!  I needed to figure out what to do to calm me.
I'm trying anything to keep my mind clear and not panicked. I played an old Pat Benatar LIVE from Earth album this morning, random I know, but I was able to take my mind off my Yankees and take me back to my youth. It's one way to forget about the current Yankee nuttiness.  The music takes me to past girlfriends and remembering my crush on Pat Benatar and then, once the album is finished playing on my iPod, I find myself wondering on Twitter just to see everybody talking about the Yankees. I can't escape it. So what does a guy like me do lately? I make it about BYB, just to keep my mind off the games coming up. Sure, Twitter is an interesting world.  So I went for it the other day... a few Re-tweets and a few loyal Bleeding Yankee Blue readers wrote us back quickly. These readers are not only good to us at BYB, they're great to us and we appreciate it.

They retweet our pieces every single day and we love it. Thank you!!! But yeah, that kept me occupied, that kept my mind from thinking about recent Yankee losses and the past 15 games and what could possibly happen tonight and beyond.
Look, I'm tired of bringing you the "daily beat", meaning, I'm tired of writing that the "Yankees must win games". I'm tired of writing that "No one wants 'the wild card'". You'll heard it all before, many of you aren't stupid, you're smart and I can tell by my readership the past few days the same line doesn't work anymore. So let me try a new approach, clearly unable to contain my focus for my Yankees team any longer.
The Yankees have made the playoffs. The Yankees need to win the division and I'll go further, the Yankees should NOT celebrate if they win it, because the struggle has been so tough, so brutal, so gut-wrenching for us fans, it's almost not fair. That's right I said it... I'm being hard on my Yankees.  Sure, the Yankees will celebrate if they win the division. Sure, they'll blow off alittle steam, but for any fan out there that's like me, was this season emotionally draining or what?  I think I have an ulcer. I had plenty of trouble sleeping and I can't believe how the past 2 months have developed.

That being said, know this... I love this club and much like I do when the Yankees start the playoffs Saturday night, I'll be there with remote in hand, my Jorge Posada jersey on and a bucket of Corona next to the couch. Or should I say, a bucket full of Dos Equis. After all, I do want to one day be "the Most Interesting Man in the World."

Look, our Yankees can win it all, but like Jeter has said when things get alittle too overwhelming..."One game at a time." He's right. We just need to do our thing as a team and as fans. We are the New York Yankees after all, and behind Derek Jeter, we can be the greatest team again.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017