Thursday, September 6, 2012

ALL ALONE IN BEANTOWN

Uncle Rico has reached his limit.  It's evident that when a manager like Bobby Valentine doesn't do the job he's paid to do, pressure mounts among the fans of that ball club.  Yes, Red Sox Nation has collapsed, was gutted and the man that's been accused of dismantling it, Bobby V, has been beaten to a pulp and drug through broken glass.   Not only do the fans of Boston believe he failed them, but most of the sports media around the country have piled on too, me included.

Now, let me be clear, I am no fan of Bobby Valentine. I think he's arrogant, a snob and an ego-manic who's bought into his own hype.  But, he's also human.  I on the other hand, may not like the guy and his attitude at all, but I also hate to watch another human being self-destruct and fall as far as he has. That's my soft side, what can I say. Sure, I may be a rabid Yankee fan who never wants to see the Red Sox win a thing, but I also have a heart when it comes to human humiliation.  Valentine is getting smacked around pretty good right now and he snapped yesterday on The Big Show radio show when asked if he "checked out."  Bobby said: "What an embarrassing thing to say. If I were there right now, I'd punch you right in the mouth. Ha, ha. How's that sound? Is that like I checked out? What an embarrassing thing," said Valentine. "Why would somebody even, that's stuff that a comic strip person would write. If someone's here, watching me go out at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, watching me put in the right relief pitchers to get a win, putting on a hit-and-run when it was necessary, talking to the guys after the game in the food room — how could someone in real life say that?" Listen to the whole thing HERE.

You know what? I get it. Say what you will about Bobby, and I can't believe I'm about to defend this guy that I've despised all these years, but enough is enough. The pressure has mounted so high, no one can take this kind of pressure. That's what migrane headaches and vomiting are for.  It's too much already.
That comment by Bobby to The Big Show was a cry for help.  Bobby wants out of Boston because even he sees the writing on the wall, but his egos in the way. He won't resign because that would mean he failed.  The Boston fans hate what he did to their team though, and all of sports thinks he's a joke and Sox brass doesn't even want him there.  The only one who's stood by his side is John Henry, the only one who wanted him there in the first place and the only one who's NOT going to admit he made a horrendous decision dumping Terry Francona and signing Valentine in the first place.
(In Photo: John Henry)
Uncle Rico was put in a bad spot. His hyped-up ego took him to a place where he was clearly in over his head and now, like I hoped he would be, he was exposed for the world to see...he's a baseball fraud, not qualified to manage a thing, except for a Japanese team from the early 2000's. But even Bobby, lonely Bobby doesn't deserve to be dragged through the mud as bad as he has. Even Bobby's allowed to snap when the pressure builds this badly...I don't blame him. Why? Because when the world's against you, what else can you do but say your piece and eventually disappear.

My prediction... the end of Bobby V is near and for Yankeeland, yet another victory. Trust me, all of this is great for Yankeeland. Boston chaos? I'm a fan of it, but no human being should be put through the ringer as bad as this dim bulb has, sometimes having a heart needs to take a front seat, as crazy as that sounds coming from a guy like me who's been blast Big V all these months. 

Yeah, I may not like Bobby V, but I at least know when enough is enough.
 
Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017