Monday, July 23, 2012

DON'T CONFUSE PASSIONATE WITH PANICKY

I was reading my Twitter feed like I usually do and I noticed shortly after the Yankees "bit it" last night, losing 5-4 against the Oakland A's and losing 4 in a row to them to boot, I came across a tweet from Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News.  It read:

I didn't get it.  Doesn't Mark realize we're fans?  Doesn't he realize that he's getting panic and passion confused?  There's a difference.  Us fans love our Yankees, but Mark writes for them.  Us fans want them to win all the time, but Mark writes about them winning OR losing every day, that's his job.  Our job is to root, and when they win, we have a skip in our step.When they lose we "freak out." Sure we get emotional, but we're supposed to.   Writers on the other hand are supposed to always have their "game face" on. I don't know, I was puzzled by that Tweet because I almost felt like, as a fan, we're supposed to be passionate about our team, and sure, there may be a few that are "panicky", but for the most part, we just want our great team to win 162 games...even though we know it's not possible. I guess my point is, we've all grown up as Yankee fans with George in our head saying that if you didn't win it all, the season is a failure. We subscribe to that...many of us have for a very long time. 

So no, we're not panicky, we're passionate.  The next series is against the Seattle Mariners and sure, coming off of 4 losses, you tend of over-think if you're a player, OR a fan.  Again though, as a writer, you write whatever you see the way you see it.  the game face is always on, like a robot.  Fans aren't that way, we never have been.

Mark, I read you all the time, but I just disagree, don't group all Yankee fans as panicky...that's silly, we're fans, we're passionate.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017